Monday, January 10, 2011

Alfredo Sauce

I really think I will start posting on here in the morning. I'm having a really hard time remembering to do it at night.

Does everybody hate 9 a.m. church, because I LOVE it. I love having the afternoon to do whatever I want. When we had church at 1 p.m., I was always a frazzled mess by the time we got there because I would spend the entire morning keeping my kids occupied with appropriate Sunday morning activities. I am also not one to sleep in very much. I would usually wake up around 7:30 a.m. and then lay in bed thinking about all the things I could be doing. I would much rather take a nap in the afternoon.

We had a wonderful time with some friends of ours last night. The Darling's invited up to their home for dinner and games and we had a great time. We had one of my favorite things; Swedish pancakes only we had them in a way I've never had them before. A savory version of the delicious things. Chicken and beef, with alfredo sauce (that I made!) and cheese and all kinds of other yummy things. There were also strawberries and whipped cream or butter and syrup for those that prefer them the "breakfast" way. What a wonderful dinner!

Then we played a game called Genesis about the creation of the world. It was pretty interesting. Might need to play it a couple more times to see if I really like it.

Here is how I make my Alfredo Sauce:

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
4 Tbsp. flour
4 cups milk or cream or broth or a combination of these
ground pepper, to taste
dash nutmeg
freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not powdery, sprinkle kind)
kosher salt

Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour and cook for a couple of minutes so the flour taste cooks out. Add pepper and nutmeg while cooking butter & flour mixture. Add milk all at once, whisking constantly to incorporate. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Add cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt, if needed. You may add more milk if you want your sauce thinner.

You can increase or decrease the amount you make by changing the amount of butter, flour and milk you use. Always remember, one Tbsp. of butter + one Tbsp. of flour + one cup of milk. Everything else stays the same. Super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment