Monday, January 17, 2011

Crazy Boys and A Recipe

Yeah, I skipped a day. Not much happened yesterday. I watched a very interesting movie last night. Shutter Island with Leonardo DiCaprio. They did a really good job of making it look like a movie that was made in the 50s. It totally had the feel of an old Hitchcock movie. The storyline was interesting but it had a lot of unnecessary language in it and the longer I watched it the more I was saying "Why am I watching this?".

I've decided that I have some pretty crazy kids. Cohen got this Doodle Pad for his birthday and last night I found it with this written on it. Pretty funny I thought.


The boys had the day off from school today because it was Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Cameron and Cohen were having a ton of fun this morning before lunch playing together. This is one of the fun things they decided to do.



I also tried out a new recipe tonight for dinner. Chicken Carbonara Deluxe. It was delicious. The recipe was from Betty Crocker. They have some wonderful recipes. Here it is!

1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream

1. Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
2. While spaghetti is cooking, cook bacon in 3-quart saucepan over low heat 8 to 10 minutes , stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove bacon from saucepan with slotted spoon ; drain. Drain fat from saucepan, reserving 1 tablespoon in saucepan.
3. Cook onion and garlic in bacon fat over medium heat about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in spaghetti, chicken, cheese, and whipping cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Toss with bacon.

We had this with a big salad. It was amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment