Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Oh, I am soooo pathetic! 10 days since I last posted on here. I think I had delusions of grandeur trying to post on here everyday. That is just not happening. The life of a wife and mother is not in sync with posting to a blog everyday unless it's your job. Here are a few things that have happened since the last time I posted on here.

We were invited to a Super Bowl party at my sister-in-law's house a little over a week ago. They also have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. They have a large, plastic, playhouse in the basement and Cameron thought it would be funny to try and fit in it. This is what happened.




We are thinking of putting it on America's Funniest Videos. I think it's pretty hilarious.

Today is Valentine's Day. A little bit more special day here at our house. It is the anniversary of when Gary and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. Hence, the change in the picture. We went out on a date on Friday night since Valentine's Day is on a Monday this year. We went to a Date Night with Matt Townsend. He is a relationship guru! He has a show on KSL radio on Saturdays at 11 a.m. and he makes appearances on KSL's Studio 5. He is hilarious and makes working on your relationship fun not boring. I won the date night on Facebook. We want to go to another one.
So, since we already had our Valentine's "date", I decided to make a special dinner for the whole family. I broiled steaks, make Parmesan risotto, steamed asparagus, and yellow cake with chocolate frosting for dessert. It turned out so perfect! Everything was ready at the same time and it all tasted delicious. I'm not sure if the risotto tasted so good because we haven't had it in so long or if I just made it super good this time.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Valentine's Day and in the words of Doug Wright "hug everybody that you love today." (something like that)

No comments:

Post a Comment