Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicken Lasagna Casserole

Okay, I know. By definition, lasagna is a casserole or as my relatives in Minnesota would say, a hot dish. But sometimes, I get lazy and I don't want to be bothered with lasagna noodles and all that hassle. Like last night. Sometimes, I want lasagna, but I don't have the time for lasagna. And since one of my children doesn't like ground beef, we used chicken in the sauce instead. It is pretty tasty and everyone likes it. And just like regular lasagna, it tastes better as leftovers.

So here's how you make lasagna "casserole". The only thing you do differently is instead of using lasagna noodles, you use a short-type of pasta. Like shells, rigitoni, elbow macaroni, anything like that. Cook the noodles according to the package. Then mix the cooked noodles with the ricotta cheese (I use ricotta because I think it tastes better. I think it should work the same if you use cottage cheese). Then just layer the sauce and noodles mixtures alternating with cheese. Then cook for about 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted. Easy Peasy! And super delicious. So much easier than traditional lasagna. I've even made this with a white sauce instead of red. Try it the next time you're craving lasagna but don't have lasagna noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment