Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

One of the best things about being a mom is putting your kids to bed! Then, getting in a hot bubble bath and relaxing with a good book. Especially after cleaning the kitchen, doing 4 loads of laundry, 2 loads of dishes, and straightening up the family room. Oh yeah, I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, too. Productive day I think. Even though I didn't take a shower.

The best part was having my husband come home and comment on how nice the house looked. That made the whole thing worth it! Now we'll have to see how long it lasts. I don't feel like cleaning like this very often, so the house tends to get neglected.

Tomorrow is Friday. I am a happy person. Fridays are good. I'm hoping I can talk my husband into a date night. To my favorite place. You guessed it. Ikea. We really need to get some new chairs for our kitchen table.

One of my least favorite things to do as a mom will hopefully happen on Saturday. Getting the kids to clean the basement. It hasn't been done for a while and it is a mess! Colby will be at Cub Scout winter camp so maybe it will go smoother than it usually does. I should take before and after pictures. Then I can show the boys what a good job they did.

I will try to be better at posting on here. My life is crazy (not as crazy as some) and this gives me some therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment